Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yosemite National Park July 4th 2010

On the Fourth of July weekend Fangers, Jeff, Lindsey, Nate, Haley, Wes, Liz, Cody, and I made a trip to Yosemite National Park. This was my first visit to the park. Lots of great hikes, including a day summit of Half Dome - 17 miles and about 11 hours worth of climbing (4,500+ vertical feet). I was kind of surprised about how difficult the cable system at the top of the mountain was to use... not for how steep, but for how crowded. We met a hiker who was doing the entire John Muir Trail from Yosemite to Mt. Whitney - he basically saved our lives by letting us use his water filter. Last night's tequila slowed us down and made us a bit more thirsty. Naturally we refueled that night with Makers Mark. Four days of good times followed by a quick trip to LA to jam out in Topanga Canyon for Matt's birthday. California 2010 take 2.





"Look at that FUCKING waterfall." - Nate


"Shake that bear." - Haley


"You can take my flag, but you can't take my freedom." - Jeff


"I can't wait to masturbate my sandwich." - Lindsay


"Who the FUCK is DJ Steve?"



























































if you click this image and look closely you can see people at the top of the falls.

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment